Wednesday, February 3, 2010

[Honeymoon]- Day 5 Paris

I don’t know why but I keep thinking today’s Monday. Oh, I recommenced my jogging routine after a long break (last week in Dec to late Jan). It’s tough, ya know, after having it easy for a period of time. Anyhow, I hope I stick to it. And now, on to Paris:

I forgot to mention that we checked out a huge flea market, Les Puces de Saint-Ouen at Porte de Clignancourt! T knew how crazy I am about real, authentic flea markets (unlike those we have here). This one is actually a combination of flea markets and made up of 2500 to 3000 stalls! I’m not sure if it’s because it’s winter season, but a number of stalls were closed but we had fun anyway. We didn’t stay that long (did I mention that it was cold?!) I kept pointing to old pieces of furniture and saying I wanted to take them home! I was in chair-loving mode that day.


Needless to say, we couldn’t take bulky stuff. We still had Besancon and Barcelona to visit. I did grab some vintage photographs though! I am so fascinated with these. But I rationalized that I wasn’t sure about having pics of some long-dead lady whom I’m clueless about lying in my house so I opted for more scenic shots instead.



We were leaving Paris for Besancon on the fifth day so we had till about just after noon before dashing to the train station. Perfect excuse to enjoy a hearty lunch! We didn’t want to venture too far so picked a restaurant we walked by countless times as it was near our hotel. It had warm lightings and pleasant décor. We thought initially it might be touristy being so near to places of interest. But oh well, as long as food’s good, right?


We weren’t disappointed! I had the best onion soup, banana chocolate pie I ever tasted! Don’t even get me started on the banana pie. Let’s just say it was happiness and warmth served on a plate.







We usually never have our coffee with cream but the waiter told us it’s a must try. He didn’t lie! Perhaps it was fresh cream, in any case, it was indescribably yummy! So, we bade farewell to Paris with very satisfied stomachs.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I am craving some of that banana pie! Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness! 3000 stalls? that would be magic!
    & i love vintage photographs, but i collect the ones with long-dead people in them : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those food shots are making me hungry! Thanks for the peek at Paris. I'll be going for the first time this spring, with my husband. Cannot wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipee so glad i finally found time to visit you here. So much to read and i am really enjoying your Honeymoon column! Oh and welcome back!! Gosh i love that huge flea market!! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torie Jayne: I am still craving them even those I've tasted them!

    lina: Yes, it's huge! It's a shame many weren't opened though. Yep, I saw your pics on the vintage photographs! They're really cool! I'm now wishing I am less of a scary cat and have bought more. Can't get them round here at all!

    Pinecone Camp: I have you lotsa fun! Actually, I'm sure you will! It'll be gorgeous in spring.

    Jacqueline: So good to hear from you again! It's like coming home :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!