Friday, November 20, 2009

[Fashion Friday # 3] - Back to Basics: Rag & Bone

Ta-dah!! It's time for Fashion Friday (yes, I’ve decided to make this a weekly column)! We had 2 previous such posts here and here. I hope you’re for the idea. I thought it’ll be fun as Friday marks the end of the regular working week and we want to welcome the weekend with something fun and light-hearted. Ok I’ll confess, shopping on weekends is totally my cup of tea!

With dressing up, I enjoy walking down the fun and funky route sometimes, playing with accessories and dressing to look different. But at other times, I really suspect that I’m a simple, clean, classic look kinda girl. I feel most at ease and comfortable when clad this way. The trick perhaps is to do this and yet still achieve a chic and elegant exterior. Not blah or blending totally into the crowd.

Rag & Bone’s Spring 2010RTW appeals to me in this way. They kept their colour palette natural and muted. We see simple or drapey pieces worn under jackets of all lengths (army green parka, field coat…). The uncomplicated jackets which added a touch to the look were evidence of the designers’ English military school heritage.


I was also drawn to some of the more androgynous looks. The slouchy pants paired with the structured jackets looked oh so effortlessly chic.


Okey dokey, I'm signing off for the weekend. It's going to be a busy one for me. I hope I can still get some chill out time though. And I hope that you do too! See you on Monday!



[images: Style.com]

2 comments:

  1. I love the coats! Androgynous clothes are appealing to me because they fit my body better than dresses and skirts...this collection has nice fluid lines and the muted colors are pretty. Thanks for sharing and have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a HUGE fan of Rag&Bone! If I had all the money in the world, I would buy their whole collection! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!