Monday, April 1, 2013

[London] - The Breakfast Club

T and I stumbled upon The Breakfast Club one afternoon as we were looking for shelter from the sudden snowfall and respite from the cold. It looked warm and inviting from the outside and we weren't disappointed when inside! A place that serves all day breakfast can only bring happiness!

I love the warm colours and the retro magazine tear outs that were casually plastered on the wall. There was a laid back ease to this space. 

Breakfast Club

Breakfast Club

Breakfast Club

After our first meal in London, T and I learnt our lesson. Portions here are generally big, especially given that we eat more meals than we should here (can't help it!). So, we decided to share our pancakes. At first, I was skeptical about having pancakes (which I usually associate as a sweet food) with savoury items. When our generous serving of 4 pancakes came with an egg and lots of ham, I drizzled maple syrup over them as usual, took a bite, and was pleasantly surprised by how well they went together! No problemo, my taste buds said. We also accompanied our meal with yummy wedges. I don't know if you understand what I want to convey, but these were really potato-y :D! In all, a perfect comfort meal for cold and snowy days.

Breakfast Club

Breakfast Club

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!