Thursday, March 28, 2013

[London]- Borough Market

Hello! If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I was in London not too long ago. So, we'll be having a little series of blog posts on London over here :) I don't know why it took us this long but it was both T and my first time to London. Perhaps it's the distance (upon returning home, the jet-lag took forever to wear off)? Anyhow, we hopped on a crazy long flight to the capital city and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves there! Yes, the weather did get to us (once again proving to myself that I'm meant for the tropical climate). It was snowing! I mean, I was prepared for cold but snow? In March? Anyhow, we were determined not to let it deter us from the fun. 

One of the first things I knew I wanted to do when we first planned the trip was  to visit the markets. Vintage, flowers, food... I love markets. They are always so colourful, vibrant and who doesn't dig a good find or fresh produce and yummy food? 

On a cold, windy but thankfully "rain-less" morning, T and I checked out Borough Market. One of the things I will always remember about London is the fresh fruits and vegetables. Yes, you can taste the natural freshness, sweetness. And I can't believe this, but I'm going to say, they are cheap compared to what we pay here! Oh, I had the best bratwurst from one of the stalls there too. There was a lot to see and taste in Borough Market. It was buzzing with action! Other than the food, the nearby buildings had architecture with a charm to them. 

Borough Mkt

Borough Mkt

Borough Mkt

Borough Mkt

Borough Mkt

Borough Mkt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!