Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Handmade Festive Cards



I used to make Christmas cards when I was a kid. That stopped when I thought it was much easier and faster to buy them. Then when I moved to Japan, I learnt that many of my Japanese friends had a practice of making their own nengajo (new year cards). They often made a little collage with their family photos and printed it on cardstock. I loved that there was a personal touch to these cards. So I began making my own festive cards again. 

This year, my cards spoke of my love affair with MT tapes. I used simple materials and had a fun time coming up with varied designs. Here are a few. 

Festive cards

Festive cards

Festive cards

Festive cards

Do you make your own cards too?

5 comments:

  1. So sweet. I also love making cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are truly wonderful! I love them! Have a terrific Christmas Sandy xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO lovely, I will start making my own card beside gift wrapping next year, promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. あけましておめでとう~ Those cards are so lovely! I wish I had seen this post a little earlier so I could have done these for my family :D but maybe next year? or for a birthday! I like the idea very much =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ねこちゃん !
    You have such a cute nick! Thanks for your sweet words. I'm thrilled you dropped by :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!