Friday, April 8, 2011

[Bangkok] - Miscellaneous

Because so much of colourful Bangkok cannot be neatly categorised, I had to have this post titled “miscellaneous”.
Somehow, we stumbled upon this bookshop cum cafe. It was filled with students from the school next door, eager to fill their ever hungry stomaches with comfort food and also to enjoy the air-conditioning. The furnishing in this place differs greatly from those in my previous Bangkok posts. Here, it’s pretty dated but it’s so reminiscent of 80s american high school sitcoms that I have to say I do like it. For being so unashamedly itself.

misc

misc

Hostel cum cafe which screams south-east asian.

misc

misc

What’s Thailand without chili?

misc

Saw this cute little ceramic while I was seeking shelter from the rain.

misc

So, we’ve come to the end of this series on Bangkok. I hope you’ve had fun. I know I did! Looking forward to introducing you to my new plushie next week. Meantime, have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, wish I had this place to hang-out when I was in high school! I love the character that the place has, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest sweet sandy, your bangkok series are just so inspiring! I have to take notes from them when i plan a trip to bangkok. :) I always love reading about your travel adventures for you always always find awesome goodies and places. This little cafe is soo cozy! Thanks so much for sharing. Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like lovely place to visit!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!