Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Book making love - Creative Escape

Did you catch my tweet yesterday about my going to a short book binding workshop? As I was rushing to get out of the house, T asked if I brought my camera along. It totally slipped me so I ran back in to get it. Thanks to his reminder, I have some pictures to share with you!


The workshop was in a studio called Creative Escape. Being me, the moment I stepped in, I was gawking at the interior (gosh, I must have appeared rude, not maintaining eye contact as the friendly owner/teacher, Arden, said hi). The studio wasn’t huge but it was spacious enough to house lots of crafty supplies and art materials. It felt so good to be surrounded by these! Believe me, you can get inspired just so! The walls were kept mostly white since they were accented by the colourful tiles, bottles of paint, beads, art works etc. And these were neatly organised with some Ikea furniture.






I especially liked Arden’s personal working space which was an extension of the place we worked in, separated only by glass panels. Loved the two work desks which were placed near the windows and hence bathed in gorgeous natural light. I can’t empahsise enough how great it is to be able to do creative work with natural lighting. Between the two work desks and windows was a glass door which opened to a beautiful plot of green outside. Certainly lovely for a house in our land deprived city!



Arden’s a wonderful teacher. She’ll be relocating to Sydney very soon. Hopefully, she’ll find someone who is as passionate at this to take over. Here’s my little book with Japanese binding.




I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the workshop. It’s been quite an exciting week for me so far. Other than picking up book binding skills, I’ll be heading out to do an interview later with French street artist, Miss-Tic. Be sure to read about it here soon!


Happy mid-week!

4 comments:

  1. such a wonderful space! i am inspired just by looking at the photos.
    good luck on your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my such fun!! I love that gorgeous creative space! Really inspiring! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to yoU!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. how neat! i love book binding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty book and nice space...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!