Monday, March 29, 2010

Old Western Haven - A Cowboy's Dream

When you check into a hotel, what is the first thing you do? I know some people dash to the windows to check out the view. Afterall, we often pay more for a room with a better view. Others zoom into the bathroom and toilet (yay! Shower caps provided). Some others simply collapse onto the bed (hm… 500 theread count?). If you are like me, when you check into a hotel, you check out everything. I cover one portion then another portion of the room, acting almost like a metal detector. The exterior and the interior. Then, I look at the collaterals. Do they contribute to the identity of the hotel? And I perform all this with a camera in hand. T is usually relegated to the corner of the room, away from the camera lens. His helpless cries of “can I sit down now?!” are often heard but ignored. I mean, this is what we are talking about when we say ‘holistic experience’, right?











I think 8-suite BB hotel, A Cowboy’s Dream, certainly accomplished that. With each of the suites unique and custom-made, you know the amount of thought and care that went into them. And it shows! It’s old western, awfully charming, cozy, rustic but also luxurious-- a little piece of haven in Nevada.





Awesome work by Ginger Tharp, the innkeeper, her design team and Kuro Interactive Creative Agency.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest sindy, i am like you...i check everything section by section. lol WOW this place looks gorgeous! I am so in love with that lovely all white bedroom with blue sheets! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!