Thursday, January 28, 2010

[Honeymoon] - Day 1 Paris

Hello there! I know you’ll be back for the photos and stories :). I was thinking how I should go about doing this and organizing the posts. I like doing it chronologically because it allows me to relive the memory in sequence and I think it will best give you an idea of my journey too. Let’s do that, ya? Erm, I’m afraid I won’t be able to put up the wedding day photos yet because they aren’t quite ready (Yes, I’m already hounding my photographer). So, let’s start with the honeymoon, shall we?

T and I were to fly off a couple of days after our big day. So, even though the dust hadn’t really settled, things we lugged to and back from the hotel still unpacked, we scrambled around packing for the honeymoon. Even on the plane, we were just telling each other that the memory of the wedding day was still so fresh, the vivid images kept surfing in our minds and the sounds kept filling our ears.

It’s January and obviously it was going to be cold in Europe. But that wasn’t enough, it had to be one of the coldest winters in Europe! So there we were, turning to look at each other with eyes wide opened when the captain of the plane welcomed us to Paris and reported that the temperature was -5 degree Celsius. The very short wait for cab outside the airport gave us a hint of what we were in for. It was just 5 minutes and our ears hurt from the cold!


We couldn’t check into our hotel yet so we dropped our bags and set out for a walk. We’re in Paris!! And
Jardin des Tuileries was just across a little road! It was about 9am but being winter, the sky was not what I would call bright. There were only a few people on the streets. But that wasn’t about to stop us!

Little birdies resting on top of the frozen water fountain. Perhaps it was too early for them even. For a moment, I thought they were statues. Serious!



After awhile, we had to accept the fact that we needed to seek some warmth (we’ve already got our thermals on) or my toes and fingers might fall off any moment. Not quite acquainted with the expensive touristy cafes yet, imagine our delight when we spotted the familiar golden arches! You know you’re safe whenever you see Mac Donald’s. It can’t get too wrong.

So, our first meal in Paris? Mac Donald’s. Yes, we’re too Americanized! :p

After seeing the sky brightened a little and with our tummies now filled, we headed back to check in.



I love our little Parisian balcony which offered us an excellent view!


I noted that the birdies were now mobile! Lazy birdies.

Okey dokey, I hope you've enjoyed it so far. It was awfully cold so every time I wanted to take a photo, I had to take my fingers out of my gloves reluctantly! More details tomorrow!

(click on images to enlarge)

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear from you again babe! Looking forward to reading your honeymoon experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how pretty! And I laughed when I saw that you had MacDonald's for your first Parisian meal :) Love the view from the balcony! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Paris photos! What a beautiful place to have a honeymoon. It looks stunning in the snow!

    www.toindigo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!