Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The wings of time

We’re in the end of November. The weather has turned cooler (yes, even over here). The year is fast slipping us by. I can’t remember when it was that I first started feeling like I wanted to grab hold of time and slow it down. So that I can enjoy for longer those moments with loved ones whom I miss, so that I can lick that chocolate brownie ice-cream a while longer, so that I can always be a little girl, so that I can put off for a longer time having to buy age-defying face cream… Of course, my fingers never truly grasp time at all.

Perhaps it does make sense mathematically too that we feel like time passes by a lot faster when we are older than when we were kids. When you’re 7, the one year you lead if 1/7. When you’re 50, that one year is 1/50.

But the truth is, we can’t change it. And since we can’t, the only thing then is to embrace it and make each day count. Cliched as it may sound, I find I have to remind myself of that every now and then. I want to make sure the things I spend my precious time on are those things that matter to me. Not things that I do to pass the days by.


And I just want to let you who’s reading this know that you matter because I devote part of my time everyday posting here. It’s nice knowing that you may be half way round the globe but our love for design gathered us here. It delights me when I hear from you because then I feel we kindred spirits are actually interacting. So, “hi, you over there! How’s it going?”

[image 1 clockwise: boopsie.daisy Flickr, alice b. gardens Flickr, taste the rainbow Flickr. image 2 clockwise: Samantha Lamb Flickr, We heart it, We heart it]

2 comments:

  1. It's only now that I understand how precious and fleeting time is. Wishing that time will slow down instead of speeding up ahead.

    Thanks for an insightful post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ! Lovely !
    http://mimietnini.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!