Friday, June 19, 2009

[Wedding Series 7] - Style me from Head to Toe

So you’ve found the perfect wedding gown. What’s there left to consider right now in the looks department? Well, a bride has to look resplendent from HEAD to toe.

Head pieces, anyone? I for one haven’t been able to resist! My eyes have been feasting wantonly on images of gorgeous head pieces. I’ve always just imagined a veil would suffice but having tasted the fruit from the tree of covetousness, my eyes are now opened to all the accessories and blings available out there for brides-to-be. Don’t blame me. I was lured so I ate the fruit.

Since the fruit has been consumed and nothing can be done now, let’s just move on, shall we? What do you think of these vintage-looking birdcage veils? To me, they exude so much sophistication and old-world charm.

I am really drawn to these dramatic pieces too! There’s no better time to make a statement then on my big day, right?



This would be perfect if I am going for the fresh, girly vibe. It totally rivals Gossip Girl’s Blair Waldorf (yes, I can’t grow up and shamelessly watches this)!


Or maybe I shouldn’t let this all get to my head. Perhaps just classic elegance?—a beautiful flower in my hair.


What’s your take?

Have a fun-filled weekend! I’ll see you on Monday :)

[images from left to right, top to bottom: 1 by Elizabeth Messina, 2 Anna Be Bridal Boutique, 3 by Elizabeth Messina, all via The Ritzy Bee blog, 4 twigs & honey, 5-6 ban.do, 8 Martha Stewart Weddings]

8 comments:

  1. Love this post -there is something about the twigs and honey one for me...I really like their pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the top two! I would love to wear something like that I think- I have short hair too so I can't do a lot with it. Is that you in the bottom photos?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm more of a simple and classic girl, but I think I would love to be bold enough to pull off the flowers in the 3rd and 4th photos.

    Thanks for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone, great to hear from all of you! Brought a smile to my face.

    Hey Emma, the girl in those bottom pic's adorable. But unfortunately, she's not me :p Come to think of it, I haven't posted a pic of myself in here. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can't go wrong with a big pretty blossom in your hair, but I do love that tippy top right one....a little bit of netting and feather!

    i love the huge flower/headband thing but I would worry that would over shadow the dress....it would be alllll about the big flower. and the bow is too blair to me (although i LOVE ME SOME GOSSIP GIRL!) super fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all, if it were only possible to have costume changes during my own wedding haha! But I'd go with a simple gown and a statement headpiece :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second one is exquisite. Simple elegance with a pinch of personality... love it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!