Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Gorgeous and Cheery Home - Debi Treloar

Most local interior design/home decor magazines feature photo after photo of minimalist apartments. Otherwise, they'll be resort-themed. It's as if these are the only 2 ways to decorate one's abode. Seriously, go to the appropriate section on the magazine rack, close your eyes and pick a copy of any interior magazine and chances are you will be greeted with either of these styles. I do appreciate the clean and sleek look (I am proud to be a neat freak). And I was once into the whole resort thing as well. Afterall,despite being a city of skyscrapers and high-rise dwellers, we are a sunny tropical island. But these were just flings, infatuation. I have found my love - eclectic designs.

So I enjoyed a moment of thrill when I spotted this apartment in Style:Living magazine. It's the apartment of the wonderful photographer Debi Treloar, her husband Colin Holding and their 3 children! A 3-storey Victorian house that was previously not showered with the love it so deserved, Treloar and her family transformed it into a gorgeous cheery home. White-painted wooden floorboards and walls thrown to life with bright colourful furniture and decor. It says alot when one is able to create harmony through the use of various recycled or vintage pieces. Additionally, I really like that they simply let their creative juices flow with the brave use of colours and patchwork wallpaper. If I have a mental image of a dream interior, this would be it! I really should just let the pictures do the talking.



[click to enlarge images]

Definitely also check out Treloar's portfolio over here. I won't spoil the surprise by posting any photos here. I promise you won't be disappointed. They'll totally perk you up.

1 comment:

  1. Wow look at that apartment..it's gorgeous! I am too looking forward to your design class that starts end June. Can't wait to read all about it and im sure your gonna inspire all of us! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!