Friday, April 17, 2009

Judging a Book by its Cover

Remember the days back in school when studying literature meant reading lots of classical works? The common perception is that classics are boring and heavy. So ingrained are these notions that I find these books repulsive even before flipping the covers open. This is reinforced by the look of the book which often screams "dullsville". I am sure many of you agree with me on that. Being aesthetic people, we are not sorry to judge a book by its cover. Much as I love reading, I was always behind time in lit class with these books and sometimes resort to reading the simplified versions as the exam dates drew near.

Oh, but times sure have changed. I spotted these lovely book covers over at Penguin Classics. Aren't they inviting? I hear their calls to enjoy the British countryside.



More beautiful English journeys here.

[images from Penguin Classics]

1 comment:

  1. I actually love literature books...LOVE the classic. hehe But these books looks so inviting and lovely!! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!