Friday, July 12, 2013

[Sydney] - Day trip to Manly

T and I made a trip to Manly on one of the weekdays (no crowd) and we were thankful for the beautiful weather. Manly afterall is akin to what you see in the Billabong and Roxy surfwear ads. The sun, the sea, the waves, the sand, the seagulls and the cool dudes and babes. 

We arrived in the late morning via the bus (instead of ferry. There was a strike that morning) and decided we should charge up first. We randomly picked one of the cafes that lined the beach. I opted for pancakes and man, was I not disappointed!

Manly

Manly

Manly

I have a couple of times had pancakes cravings in Singapore. But what was served differed greatly from the image in my mind. Not to mention, they didn't taste much better than how they looked. But this! This was what I had envisaged. This was material that glossed magazines. And it tasted heavenly! If ever there was a moment to indulge, you got to make it worth it and this was it! I loved the imperfect look of these pancakes, the slightly burnt taste they had and the sweet blueberry toppings. 

Manly

Manly

The beach was of course beautiful and we strolled along it, watching the surfers do their thing, jogging mums with prams... Ah, is paradise something like this? T was so tempted by the sights that we got into one of the nearest shops, bought a pair of surf bermudas and within 10 minutes, he was playing with the waves. Cold, he later said, but totally worth it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!