Thursday, June 2, 2011

[Guest Post] - Lemon Blueberry Muffins by Sarah

Hi everyone! I'm Sarah from Sarah's Loft and I'm here to do a guest post for my dear friend, Sandy! :D

Today I would like to share with you a great recipe for Lemon Blueberry Muffins! I've been doing a lot of experimenting in my kitchen lately to create the best recipes to conjure the tastiest baked goods ever. After a few tries, I finally made a batch of yummy Lemon Blueberry Muffins that were to my satisfaction and trust me when I say, I am very discerning customer when it comes to my own baked goods. hehe

Lemon Blueberry Muffins
(I used 5cm based muffin paper cups and got 7 muffins)

-71g unsalted butter, room temp
-1/2 cup sugar
-1 large egg
-3/4 plain yogurt
-1 tsp lemon zest
-1 tsp vanilla extract (optional: I use this to kill the sometimes overwhelming egg flavour in the muffin*)
-11/2 cup all-purpose flour
-11/2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 baking soda
-1/4 salt
-100g blueberries

Preheat oven at 375F/190C

Line muffin tin with paper liners or grease your muffin tin well if not using liners.
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix. Then add yogurt and zest, then mix again until incorporated.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl.
Pour half of the flour mixutre into the batter and mix until incorporated.
Then add the other half and mix until flour disappears into the batter.
Gently fold in your blueberries.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Or until stick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.

Muffins should come out with a nice golden brown color on the outside.
Enjoy!!!
xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!