Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Friend in Another City

I was in Kuala Lumpur for a couple of days last week. Since I’m in the city, I couldn’t pass up the chance of meeting up with sweet Jacqueline of So Cute it Hurts! We arranged to meet one afternoon and I turned up at the agreed time and venue. I stood there looking around at the people walking by and wondering if that was she. It felt a little like an old-school blind dating scene sans red rose pinned to my top etc. Haha.


We spent a really lovely afternoon chatting non-stop. It was our first time meeting face to face but it felt as if we’ve known each other for a while (credit goes to blogging!). Before we went our separate ways, Jacqueline took me to a little craft shop she frequents. There, we hugged goodbye, not sure when we’ll meet again, but I’m so touched by being connected to a kindred spirit living a distance away.


The sweetie that she is, she gave me a little gift from Delectable. I love the cute packaging and am savouring the goodies as I type this (trying not to have too many at one go). Thanks, Jacqueline! I hope there’ll be a next meeting. Meanwhile, keep crafting!


Delectable

Delectable

Delectable

Delectable

2 comments:

  1. they look delicious! pretty cute, too.

    :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest sweet sweet sandy,

    I wish i could have spent more time with you! It was such fun chatting with you and i feel like we were "old" friends catching up on lost days. teehee Gald you adore your little gift...i didn't have time to whip one up for you.

    The next time you're in town...i'll make sure to take an off day early so we could visit some handmade cozy shops and craft shops together!
    Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!


    ps: Thanks for not posting my photo up for i think i look terrible that day. lol

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!