Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The acrobat in you

I am inspired by this today:

How often do you let fear circumscribe your actions, make you mediocre, prevent you from dreaming, or prevent you from listening to your inner voice?

My parents would disagree. What about finances? I will probably fail. I don't think I'm good enough. What will people think of me? It will cause a lot of inconvenience to others.... 

Instead of these restricting thoughts and images you are conjuring up in your mind, I recall an advice from a book I read, The Renaissance Soul by Margaret Lobenstine, to think of the image above. The acrobat who is literally taking the plunge, leaping from one trapeze to another in mid-air. Of course it's scary. But it's totally sublime.

And creative pursuits are often such. Because to be creative is to be different.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, drop me a message. I love to chat!